


Yesterday I was on my way out with the bus, to help out my parents down town in their restaurant as they needed pronto help. So I dash out and catch the bus and was so glad I did not have to wait long for it. As it was driving along an area, there was suddenly immense water flowing all along the street. Thought it was just snow melting or a temporary leak somewhere. As the bus continued to drive on, the scenario got worse and worse, there were more influx of water all over and the worst thing is that, we are all stuck in the bus. If he open the bus door in the middle of teh street, the bus will be flooded with water !! This has never happen to me before and I was not in fear or fret as I knew help would come on soon. But I was kind of taken aback and started to ask God, what is He trying to tell me through this situation !!! hmm.... the song.. let the river flow comes to mind.
I was in the bus for nearly 30 mins until the bus was able to go to a safe place and let us all out. So after I got out of the bus, I was stuck and could no longer go down to help out my parents. I called them and my brother said that "sis... you are always into something interesting".
Apparently there was a huge water pipe that was install during the 1st world war and has been in need to be repaired again. The authorities had to break open the tar of the road to stop the leak. It was like a major big hole in the middle of nowhere.I took some pics. Oh yes.. at the end of the day I was still able to get to the restaurant to enjoy my dad's char hor fun ... yummy and hokkien mee. We had customers from malaysia who are working and residing here, one lady even made us real malaysian pandan cake !!! What a blessing !!! We were all enjoying kopi o with fluffy pandan cake.
My dad was organising for the 2nd time saturday lunch for malaysian. The last 2 weeks ago, we had laksa. All of them glee with content !!
It was fun to get to know some of them as they shared their experience in Malaysia. Met some malaysian born swiss in the group. Looks like a swiss, speaks manglish. Very very interesting.

3 comments:
Yes let the river flow...
now i don't feel so bad reading your post and seeing the photos!
malaysia is not that bad after all...
hokkien mee mmm...the black thick noodle, right?! my favourite too.
Hey Wan! What a wet wet experience. Great that despite being so far away, you can still get Malaysian food and fellowship. This friend over here misses your fellowship!
Post a Comment