Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Charismatic arrogance

Just a few thoughts to ponder. This past weeks I have been spending time with friends which I have not been in touch with for sometime and it just amazes me as I see a mirror of myself in them. But I have to confess that what I see in them I wish that I will never hoard on those mentality and attitude. "Father please give me a heart of compassion, of love and most of all a gracious heart"
What made me sad and mad is the fact that we charismatic have the tendancy of putting things, issue and incidents into our mental boxes and labelling them the way we want to be called. I am talking about as my title reads: "CHARISMATIC ARRONGANCE" Why do we walk around this earth and in our daily lives thinking we are far better than anyone else including other christian denomination. Our limited vocabularies consists of "Our movement", "our church" and "our people"and "our pastor".
We have to stop labelling nouns into possesive nous. Where is the respect and the kindness towards each other and to others when we speak of other christian movement ?. I am just taken a back on how small our brain has shrunk since we became charismatic. We even talk "funny" when we are amongst others. Where is the change of heart and attitide?. We lost themes to talk about when we are amongst non christians or christians from another denomination. That was a revelation I have to experience when I start a conversation with a total stranger. Let us learn to have less pride in our hearts that only allow separation and disunity. Allow this grace process to mold us be more approachable and friendly to others. How else can we tell them how great our God is? Our lifestyle is our testimony even if we are shopping, driving or cleaning and I guess we should learn to live it out more than to just talk about it.
I am so thankful that God has reveal His Holy Spirit in my life and enables me to link closer to His heart. But I am sure it saddens God's heart when we charismatic think that the Holy Trinity exclusively belongs to us and at a snap of a finger reveals and accomodate according to our needs . What makes us superior just because we have been granted to language of tongues and the gifts of the spirit purely by GRACE ? How arrogant is that !! Jesus is the only way to God and I am not denying that but do we know that God reveals His Holy Spirit to the Catholics, Baptist and Anglican and all those bible believing christian denominations?
We need to understand that the sign of tongues does not justify our salvation in God. It is not a sign if you speak in tongues that you are holier or closer to God than other denomination. That is a lie!
Unfortunately we have been bought up in a charismatic environment where we are "blindly" being fed with the liberating Truth that ironically imprison us to have a healthy mental well-being to learn to ask question and to ask the Holy Spirit for revelation. We fear questioning the so-called activities of the Holy Spirit and we have a deep fear of rejection of not fitting in least we are labelled worldly, unspiritual or even posessed. What ever happen to our common sense? We just blindly follow with the excuse "because my Pastos says so" and give our full devotion.

This song comes to mind by Paul Baloche as I write this blog "Open the eyes of heart Lord, Open the eyes of my heart, I want to see you. To see you high and lifted up. Shining in the light of your glory, pour out of your glory and love, as we sing .. holy, holy, holy.
The spirit of God is moving across this earth to find hearts that is all yield out to Him alone.

2 comments:

CHRIS ONG said...

Hi, yes, fully agree, charismatic arrogance leaves no place for God to move. We need to stop this charismatic fluff and categorizing- get back to basics. I don't care how many prophetic giftings there are in a person, if the heart is not humble, ppl get torn more than built up.

joshua said...

Yes.

Lucifer fell because of ... ?

8-)