My theme is dark purple, combine with a slighly lighter scale of rich purple and creme.
Will combine it with dark furniture and highlight it with beige and silver color accessories.
I shall discuss the colors with the painter.
This week has been really hectic as I hopped into one furniture shop to another, my brother and I even drove all the way to Germany to view their interior and to get ideas. It is a real challenge on how to decorate the style I would love and yet find something lavish, afforable, stylish and long lasting.
While going through all the furniture stores from all price categories, the high luxurious shops down to Ikea and even cheaper than Ikea. I realise that I wanted something long lasting and has a touch of style that I am able to combine well with other accesoires. It should not be too generic but still adaptable. Because I have many different taste within me, I really needed decide what I want to focus on. For years I have put aside my dreams when I see beautiful furnitures in show rooms as I knew I needed to firstly find out where my heart wants to settle in. Finally I can take out gifts from my friends, many still gift wrapped and put away for many years to show them off in the new place.
You know what is really really great about living alone in your own space? Is to able to decide for yourself what your heart desires and don't have to justify to anyone else. As a single person, you can spend your money on what you want. You can choose crazy colors !! afterall you need to face that colors daily. It is a process of finally listening to my inner most heart and know if that is really what I want. I am not a person who lavish much on myself and think systematically and weight each desicion carefully.
It is the making of the new me and God is just bringing out more out of me. So each time i visit those overwhelming furnitures stores, I ask the Lord to come with me and make me notice great quality with great bargains. I pray for favor and put my budget before the Lord and as I go shopping with the Lord for other items, I trust my Father's taste. He has a great taste. So God is my invisible interior advisor. He is just great.
Well.. I am just letting you guys peek on some of my choices of colors and will add more photos when as I venture into this project....
1 comments:
New space! New Van!
Post a Comment