I've been given this book by a dear friend to read, after I got home from my asian trip. I cannot remember the last time I had a christian book in my hands. I was rather complacent in wanting to read the book at first. After reading through it, this book has been such an inspiration to me. The first 3 to 4 chapters consists of passages are rather difficult to comprehend and you start to wonder if that is really worthwhile reading it, but until you get past those chapters, you are not able to comprehend the scene that the author is trying to set you into. I could not put the book down and I have to say that it is worthwhile reading The Shack.
It has given me a new prespective of how creative this author illustrates the relationship of the Trinity and why tragedies happens in our lives. There are so many heart felt conversation that dive right into your heart and soul in this book. I had to take occasional break to take it all in at once.
Here are some review to the book:
When the imagination of a writer and the passion of a theologian cross-fertilize the result is a novel on the order of The Shack. This book has the potential to do for our generation what John Bunyan’s Pilgrim’s Progress did for his. It’s that good!
Eugene Peterson, Professor Emeritus Of Spiritual Theology,Regent College, Vancouver, B.C.
Do you ever stand by the ocean, just close your eyes and breath deeply, filling your lungs with purity? That’s what The Shack is like. I’ve filled my lungs with clean, fresh air, after choking on the stifling smog of religiosity. At times I had tears in my eyes, and others I was laughing out loud.
Dale Bruneski, corrections counselor (Canada)
Friday, 1 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hmmm...so i suppose u shall have a better understanding of the Trinity after reading this book.
well, it is just rather creative how the author describe it in the book. The relationship between the 3 of them. thanks for visiting my site.
Post a Comment